july 7th, 2024 forum updates:
- added more profile options (flags, os, etc.)
- added linked accounts in user control panel (account switcher)
- added embed media to posts
- moved rules to dedicated rules within links bar

Maladaptive Daydreaming (MD) and ADHD help

ʚïɞ lgbtqia+, furry & neurodivergent discussion

Moderator: ʚïɞ forum moderators

merlalf
ʚïɞ egg
Pronouns: MAN

Maladaptive Daydreaming (MD) and ADHD help

Post by merlalf »

Whats poppin gang I've had severe MD since I was 13, I'm 23 now and it's starting to markedly affect my life. It's been getting more insidious and unmanageable of late and I want to do something about it.
Therapy is the correct option however I unfortunately work in dod and pursuing therapy for this would mean career suicide due to a lot of factors. That means I won't be able to pursue conventional psychotherapy, get any diagnosis, or get any prescription medication until 2029.
I'm highly and I mean highly confidant in my self diagnosis for ADHD and Autism, up until recently I just managed to overpower the ADHD brain through sheer force of will. However the mixture of ADHD and MD has been reeking havoc on my life recently due to some heavy emotional triggers in my life. I'm doing my research obviously but the only tools I'm seeing to help me are meditation and journaling.
My solution for right now is to try and work on this on my own using the journaling/meditation and otherwise thug it out/hopefully not break.

If anyone has any words of wisdom for me that would be greatly appreciated thank you.