july 7th, 2024 forum updates:
- added more profile options (flags, os, etc.)
- added linked accounts in user control panel (account switcher)
- added embed media to posts
- moved rules to dedicated rules within links bar

What/Who Introduced You to Your Favourite Artist/Album?

ʚïɞ art, music & literature discussion

Moderator: ʚïɞ forum moderators

geno
ʚïɞ pupa
Pronouns: he/him

What/Who Introduced You to Your Favourite Artist/Album?

Post by geno »

and of course, tell me what that album/artist is... and why you like it :3
wholesomegamer42
ʚïɞ egg
Pronouns: he/they

Re: What/Who Introduced You to Your Favourite Artist/Album?

Post by wholesomegamer42 »

right now my favorite artist are young fathers and my favorite album by them is heavy heavy i found them through the youtuber a bucket of jake

the video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCBcg2Qt ... BmYXRoZXJz
┈┈▕▔╲ this post is
┈┈┈▏▕ wholesomegamer
┈┈┈▏▕▂▂▂ approved
▂▂╱┈▕▂▂▂▏official
▉▉┈┈▕▂▂▂▏stamp of
▉▉┈┈▕▂▂▂▏approval
▔▔╲▂▕▂▂▂▏
D4N1
ʚïɞ bug
Pronouns: she/her

Post by D4N1 »

my fav band is TWRP and surprisingly i found them through Spotify's 'Discover Weekly' playlist (which hasnt had anything good since). coincidentally, they were playing a show near me two weeks later and I've loved them ever since <3
ImageTHIS WAS A CERTIFIED D4N1 POSTImage
my discord: d4n1_54 (if you wanna be my friend)
trotting_vomitλ
ʚïɞ egg
Pronouns: he>they=it>she

Post by trotting_vomitλ »

friend introduced me to car seat headrest. it irreparably ruined my life and I've loved every single goddamn second of it. favorite album is also from them, but I found that out myself. honestly that one friend introduced me to like 75% of the artists I listen to.
too sleepy to dream...
I wish I had it the way I wanted.
ConnorThumbsUp
ʚïɞ larva
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by ConnorThumbsUp »

never actually thought about this but i first heard alot of my favourite artists (machine girl and bye2 specifically) thru FranzJ's likes section on soundcloud like 4-5 years ago. many of my other favourites were discovered as a result of my music taste being irreparably ruined due to this.

I actually got into death grips because of astrid! back around 2020, me and a friend from school saw alot of people commenting about death grips on Lilac Boy's "silly goose" album (personally i dont really see the similarity), and we said "what does death grips actually sound like??" so we both listened to the money store at the same time, which snowballed into me being obsessed with death grips for the remainder of high school. my friend initially would jokingly hate on my music taste, but last year he suddenly admitted that he loves death grips, and now he listens more than me!!
Love from Image 8-)
theymightbefoxes
ʚïɞ egg
Pronouns: they/them

Post by theymightbefoxes »

There's a YouTuber called Hazel who's videos I like. I noticed that she made music so under the name "Twinkle Park" and I happened to like her music too. The videos I discovered her from are privated now though which does make me sad :(
Follow me... set me free... Trust me and we will escape from the city...
geno
ʚïɞ pupa
Pronouns: he/him

Post by geno »

trotting_vomitλ wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:30 am friend introduced me to car seat headrest. it irreparably ruined my life and I've loved every single goddamn second of it. favorite album is also from them, but I found that out myself. honestly that one friend introduced me to like 75% of the artists I listen to.
YOU GET IT SO HARD... yeah my goated ex boyfriend got me into car seat headrest....
Lyvery
ʚïɞ noob
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Lyvery »

while browsing around some music i recognized "Deerhunter" as being the favorite artist of an old friend of mine. i gave them a listen and fell in love with the music.

when i messaged him to tell him about it, he told me his favorite artist was actually "The Dear Hunter", completely different band. i think they kinda suck but whatever.

aanyway they're my favorite band and this song always has me romanticizing my disassociation

Nightshade
ʚïɞ egg
Pronouns: (:

Post by Nightshade »

My mother introduced me to Nightwish (Finnish symphonic metal band) when I was twelve, and we've been listening to their (pre-2005) music together since ^-^
Peel the scars from off my back;I don't need them anymore.
You can throw them out or keep them in your mason jars.

@blauweregen on tumblr
GhostBowie
ʚïɞ egg
Pronouns: They/He

Post by GhostBowie »

i often get rlly into artists who also do another art form such as with astrid and mikas music - my absolute favourite is matt berry who is a british actor who often plays very pompous oversexed characters in sitcoms (it crowd, what we do in the shadows, toast of london etc) which i wasnt even that big of a fan of until i watched a few interviews and found out abt his music which is just so wonderful and shows how sweet and just awesome he is despite the characters he plays!!! highly recommend the blue elephant (which the cover of he also painted) and the small hours :3
ill probably die in character ...